Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summatime!

A small list of some of the greatness that is summertime.

1. Lemonade stands-went by two little boys today who were selling lemonade, popcorn, and cookies. Couldn't resist. I busted a U-ey and bought some lemonade. To make the purchase even better...it was pink!

2. Snow cones-the best stand is in Tyler on 5th Street near the TJC campus...Bahama Mama is the best flavor.

3. Pool time-I still enjoy flipping my hair out of the water just like Ariel from the Little Mermaid. And I sometimes pretend to swim like a dolphin...and who doesn't love a good cannon ball?

4. Fireworks-I LOVE fireworks...to the point that I still "Ooo" and "Ahh", while clapping. Now you can see them every Friday over Grapevine Lake or on Friday night games at the Rangers ballpark...which brings me to...

5. Ranger games-though it feels like it's 1000 degrees out there, there is nothing quite like a dollar hot dog at the ballpark on dollar hot dog night. There's nothing like singing "Deep in the Heart of Texas", doing the wave (yes, I think it's fun), and of course a rendition of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" in the seventh inning stretch. Good 'ol American fun, good 'ol Texas fun.

6. Sunscreen-I love the smell. I love the way your skin feels after being in the sun all day with sunscreen on. I know, that's kind of gross, but it's the epitome of summer.

7. Floating the River-managed to float the Comal almost every summer for the past three or four years. Although, I must admit, I do it the girly way in an inflatable canoe. No, it's not the traditional way of floating the river, but at least my rear end doesn't get slammed into the nice pointy rocks below the surface.

8. No School!!!-need I say more? School's out for Summer! Woohoo!!

9. Summer nights-It's still hot, but sometimes with a light breeze. And it's great to open up the moon roof and gaze out at the stars and the moonlight...or what stars you can see from the city.

10. Happy Hour at Sonic-no, it's not just in the summertime, but it's in the summertime that Happy Hour is best enjoyed. Who doesn't love a 50 cent Cherry Limeade in the heat of the day??

Feel free to add your own...

No comments:

Post a Comment