Sunday, June 7, 2009

What I'm praying for...

I feel right now that everywhere around me people are having babies. It's like two years ago when everyone was getting married. Now they're getting married and having babies. Needless to say, I feel a little behind here. And a little jealous. Ok. A lot jealous.
I know these desires in my heart for marriage and family are ok and God-given, but then I wonder at what point does it go from desire to jealousy?
And then I wonder how to pray for these things. I don't know how to pray for a husband. I just know that my heart wants a God-fearing, Jesus-loving, Spirit-filled man to love me, and I want to love him. I want to share life with him. I don't know how to pray for that. And so lately, it's just been this, "Lord, I pray for a husband."
I don't know if that's right or wrong, if there is a right way or wrong way, but that's kind of it.
Oh, and I'm not sure if this is allowed either, but I pray one more thing..."soon".

1 comment: