Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Poem

I haven't written much in a while, I've been busy and worn out!! So I give you this snippet. I often like to write poetry. I'm no Shakespeare or Tennyson, I am quite the amateur. I sometimes write silly things, like my Ode to a Scarf, but today I give you this...

Fear

Wave over me, eroding the dirt
Crash into me and break me
O ocean, deep, and vast,
I cannot know your depths.
The surface is serene and beautiful,
But in the fathoms below, the complexities of your being are far too great to number.

I stand in careful awe of your power and might
In awe of your beauty and majesty.
Do not hold back your power,
O ocean crash into me and swallow me whole
Carry me into your depths, into the loveliness of your being

May I drown in you, in all of you…

No comments:

Post a Comment