Tuesday, April 19, 2011

On Royalty

Well, here we are, {10 days} away from the Royal Wedding. As one who is obsessed fascinated with royalty of all kinds (but especially British), I've decided to tell you how I will be celebrating this "Wedding of the Century"...

1. Royal Movie Watching
Starting with the most historically recent movies and moving back in time...

We have "The Queen" which chronicles the days immediately following the death of Princess Diana in Paris. It's an interesting film and a great performance by Helen Mirren. I still remember coming home and seeing the news about Diana's car crash. Not the most chipper of movies, but historical nonetheless...



"The King's Speech" just happens to be coming out on DVD, so we move here next. If you haven't seen it, you MUST hit up your local red box and rent it the moment it comes out. You won't regret it. I promise.


Then, I'd move to "The Young Victoria". I remember being in London in 2009 and seeing posters all over for this movie. Since I was on vacation, I didn't have time to go to the movies there to see it. Upon my return to this side of the pond, I searched everywhere for it and found it didn't release here until SEVEN months later!! But, alas, it was worth the wait. It is a great movie and there is even a cameo by a true royal, one of Fergie's daughters!


I find there is quite a gap in royal movies after "The Young Victoria", so I move to "Elizabeth". One of the greatest Queens in history and certainly a great British royal...not to mention an excellent performance by Cate Blanchett.


aaand then there's this. Not royalty, but equally British and wonderful...and newly released on DVD (!).


2. Tea and scones
Since the wedding will be at odd hours of the night, I will probably need a pick-me-up with some tea (with milk and sugar, no less) and some scones. Ok, maybe not scones....ok, so I don't know what scones are exactly. But tea! There will definitely be tea to drink in my recently purchased pastel tea cups and saucers. Yay!


And of course to go along with my tea (and scones) I will have my commemorative tea towels!! (I especially love the second ones!)


Will you be watching?

1 comment:

  1. Forget watching, are you seriously buying those towels? If so, maybe you should get it custom made and replace "kate" for "hannah". It's okay to dream :) And you never know, it still could happen! I think using your newly purchased pastel cups will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete