Sunday, July 17, 2011

On Change

I realize that I haven't blogged in a few months (terrible, I know), so I decided now that my life is in a complete whirlwind, it'd be an excellent time to blog!

You see, I'm moving out of my very {first} apartment (seen below) and into a house with a few roommates.

I've lived in this apartment by myself for {three years} and for the first two years, I definitely wasn't ready to have a roommate. But throughout the course of the last year or so, a little desire to live with others has sprouted in me. So, luckily for me (or just the Lord's plan), the Lord worked things out so that I will now be moving in with some other fabulous girls! Where are we moving, you ask?? Well, that's the fun interesting part...

I have to move all my belongings from my current humble abode in exactly one week and we don't have a house yet. You may be asking, "Aren't you stressed out?" The answer to that is yes...and no. Overall, I'd say not that much, but I've had my moments. I called my apartment complex to ask if I could stay longer in case we don't have a place and was kindly told no. I subsequently hung up the phone and started laughing hysterically and then crying hysterically, followed by some more laughing. It was very weird. Overall though, I'd say that I know everything is going to work out because I know that the Lord has a plan. And I should've known that everything wouldn't be on my time table...after all, when has anything ever been on my time table!

So regardless of our house status, things will be changing for me in a major way in the next couple of weeks. Because eventually we will find a house and we will get settled in. In addition to that, I'll be starting back up with school stuff, a new year, a completely new schedule, and a new crop of girls to work with. I've also decided to train for a {triathlon} (I know, I know, I'm crazy), so implementing vigorous exercise into my daily life will be another change (though I suppose this is not a bad thing).

I'm not usually one for change. I like change I can control, for example, I like to rearrange my furniture a lot. It provides the change I crave, but it's within my own control. I don't usually take to change that I cannot control. My typical reaction is to hate it at first, then slowly grow into it, it becomes the norm, and then something else changes and I go through the same process again. I do think, however, that the Lord uses all the changes in my life to grow me and stretch me.

So here's to {change} , here's to not knowing what comes next and fully having to rely on the Lord to provide, which he will. So I welcome you change, maybe not with my arms open wide, but hey, they're open...and, hey, that's a start.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure our conversation on Saturday made all these worries just float away. I can do that sometimes. I operate out of two modes. "PLAN PLAN PLAN" or "Whatever." When I get into "whatever" mode things happen and change and I don't mind. It's just "whatever." Most times though I operate out of "PLAN PLAN PLAN" mode. Like me, I was in a "PPP" mode when I needed to find an apartment. Texting, calling, scouting, and pushing to find a place quickly(I had to wait to the last minute to start hunting). Once I found one I went into "Whatever" mode. Because I have a two week gap from when I have to move out to when I can move in, but my reaction is "no big deal!" I'll try to operate out of "whatever" mode from now on about the whole house thing and other things like it in the future!

    ReplyDelete