Monday, November 30, 2009

My List...

In the spirit of Thanksgiving (alright, alright, I'm a week behind), I have decided to come up with a *few* things I am grateful for...so here it goes:

1. My Parents- who have been married for 40 years (!)-how often does that happen these days?? I am so grateful to have them as examples, not only in marriage, but in life, for they are Christ followers themselves and they are the ones who initially led me towards Christ.

2. My Sisters/Brother/In-Laws- I would say in my childhood there was a bit of a disconnect with me and my older sister, Beth, which is only to be expected, I mean she is 11 years older than me!! But I'm happy to say that in my adult years, I have felt closer and closer to her and her family, including her husband, Derek. I admire her for her creativity, her faith, and her diligence. I watch how they are with their kids and am grateful for more Christ-like examples. My brother, John, has always been special to me. Maybe cause he's my only brother, maybe because we shared a room all those years, but I love him very much...even if he does live so far away! And I love his wife Karen, she is this amazing woman of God. She is an example in grace, mercy, and beauty and I am so thankful to have such a wonderful woman in our family! My sister Sarah is closest to me in age. Growing up we got to share a lot of special things together (Go Fillies!) and I treasure those memories. She was always the one I immediately looked up to, she was intelligent, witty, and I always envied her ability to talk to anyone. I am grateful that she has Jon, who is equally as witty! He is also giving and caring towards Sarah and I'm so glad she found him!

3. Niece/Nephews-it wasn't until 13 years ago when Grace was born that I ever felt like I wanted kids or, for that matter, even liked kids. In addition to Grace, I now have Grant, Matt, Andrew, and Mack. I love these kids SO much, I can't even imagine what it must be like to have your own!

4. Friends- I definitely have too many here to mention by name. Just know how grateful I am for those I've known since elementary, middle, high school, since TJC, since A&M, since The Village...I am so grateful for your friendships!! And I am so lucky to have such strong women around me who love the Lord. It feels so nice to be able to talk to my friends about Jesus, knowing that they serve the same God I do!
I love you all very much, and am thankful that many of you have wonderful husbands who don't mind hanging out with an odd number (me, you, your hubby-shout out to Jesse Bellington who takes the cake on that one!)

5. My church, The Village-I love this place. I've been going for about two years, and pretty much enjoyed it from the beginning. But I think as I've gotten plugged in, found a homegroup, served in Little Village, I've really grown to LOVE this church. I love that when we are getting ready to greet and hold doors open for people we begin in prayer. I love that in the nursery rooms with babies we have specific verses to pray over them. I love that our leadership seeks the Lord and realizes the importance of prayer. This past week has been trying for my church, we are moving, our pastor is having health issues, but when I went to church on Sunday, it wasn't about all of that. It was about Christ...it all was/is about Christ...the focus was not lost in all of the things that were and are happening around us. We still don't know what is going on with our pastor, but we pray...and as we pray we know this: Christ is all!!!

6. My job- I am grateful that I even have a job to begin with...that someone pays me to teach dance!! How lucky am I? And I even get to wear sweatpants to work everyday!! I am grateful and HOPEFUL that somewhere in the 100+ kids I have, I will make some kind of positive difference on one of them. It's the kind of job that doesn't always see immediate results, especially in areas of influence, but I hope for it. I hope for the kids I see everyday. I hope that they will know Jesus, I hope that they will be successful in school, I hope that they will gain knowledge and wisdom. And I love that the Lord shows me that my life is not defined by my job, and yet, he still allows me to have a great one and enjoy myself while doing it!

7. CHRIST- The Lord is GOOD!!! He is growing me, shaping me, molding me. It may be a slow going, but it's going. I am thankful because he lavished his grace and mercy on me and continues to do so today. I am thankful because his Son took my place. I am thankful for his love...for he is LOVE!

3 comments:

  1. You have become such a sensitive woman! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was me, Cassie. Don't know why it says Hannah...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that is weird. I didn't recall commenting to myself...
    Thanks Cass! I guess this is the Lord giving me a gentle and quiet spirit...cause he knows I didn't have one before!!

    ReplyDelete