Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The "One"

So this week I am off work (woohoo!) and I am watching lots of movies. Right now I am watching "Ever After", the Cinderella spinoff starring Drew Barrymore. The prince character is debating with Leonardo da Vinci (I don't really recall him in my Disney version of Cinderella...) about whether or not there is only ONE person for everyone.

This is interesting to me because it brings up the idea of soul mates and whether or not they actually exist. I think that I believe in a version of soul mates. I believe that there is someone that God has placed on this earth for you. Of course then that opens the whole debate between pre-destination and free will. Did God choose your mate? Did you choose your mate? I don't know exactly how it all works, especially since I believe the Bible and the Bible says that God knows all and it says that we are free. When you get into to all the debates it becomes cloudy and confusing.

I think that I just believe this: that God is in control. I believe that I should be praying for the man that I will hopefully one day marry. And I believe that when I enter into a relationship, as long as I seek the Lord, he will show me if this relationship is blessed by Him or not. I don't know what it's like to be "in love", so I rely on the Lord to let me know. I don't really know if that is considered "soul mates" or not, but it's all I've got at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment