Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Corky


So I am sitting in a meeting and the man in charge of the meeting is talking in a delicate tone. His hair is nicely combed and he has a trimmed mustache. And he almost looks as if he put on a tinted moisturizer...and probably some tinted chapstick. I kept thinking..."he reminds me of someone"...and then it dawned on me.

Corky St. Clair.

For those who don't know who that is, I'm SO sorry that you have missed out on one of the funniest movies, "Waiting for Guffman". Corky is the community drama teacher in Blaine, MO who works to produce a musical for the Blaine sesquicentennial named "Red, White, and Blaine". Let's just say, it's all you imagined it could be...and more!

Favorite Lines:

"You can still feel the heat"

"I was shopping for my wife Bonnie, I buy most of her clothes..."

"I'm gonna BITE MY PILLOW, is what I'm gonna do"

"Everybody Dance!"

"I been workin' here at the D.Q. for about, um... eight months? Seven? I don't know, somethin' like that, it's fun. Just do the cones... make sundaes, make Blizzards, 'n... put stuff on 'em, 'n... see a lot of people come in, a lot of people come to the D.Q... burgers... ice cream... anything, you know? Cokes... just drive in and get a Coke, if you're thirsty."

No comments:

Post a Comment