Thursday, September 3, 2009

Semester Life

So here I am sitting at the end of week two of school. It already feels like we've been at it for a while, which maybe means that this semester will go by quickly? It's kind of weird that for the past 21 years or so my life has been measured by semesters. From grade school, to high school, to college, and now teaching. Of course I've worked summers since probably my senior year of high school, but it's still interesting to me.

Sometimes I wonder if maybe metaphorically my life will be split into semesters. And this is going to sound VERY melodramatic...but that's ok. Maybe my life now is Fall, the beginning, the start. And then I'm hoping, one day to get married and that will be my spring! The spring is vibrant, new, and represents growth. I kind of can't wait for spring...in that sense.

I could certainly sit here and write a LONG pity party story about my life in singledom. But I'll try to keep it to somewhat of a minimum...somewhat... I think the real thing is that I see my friends, who I love so very much, and I see them with their husbands. I see them so happy, joyful with their husbands, the way they can lean on each other, and the way they can count on the other one to be there.

This past Sunday a group of us had lunch together and the men came. So there we all were together and it was wonderful!!! Except there was an empty seat next to me. I guess I feel like I'm missing out. I want so badly to have a wonderful, Godly relationship, like the ones I see at the table before me. I want to be able to join in on the conversations about house shopping and babies, and all that stuff.

I think the difference between me now and a few years ago (since I'm still single), is that I WANT all these things. I think before I wanted them, but I knew I was in no hurry. Now, it's changed. I want those things now, right now.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only out there praying for these things for myself, and you know what, I think that's ok. Cause my God is a big God who does wonderful things and he will give to me as he sees fit. And it's not easy all the time, but at least he's blessed me with wonderful examples in the mean time, my parents, my siblings, and my friends. I am VERY blessed to have them all in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment